Support Me as I Defeat Depression

As I’ve said in countless posts before, these past 12 months have been crazy. I’ve changed so much in my life, and had many people be very giving of their support whether I asked for it or not. I’ve been so terrible at asking for support when I needed it and as a result know first hand how important support is.

So today, when I’m finally in a place where I am happy and fighting my depression without feeling like it is beating me, I’m asking you to support me. I’m asking for support not just for me, but for the 1 in 5 people that have a mental illness, and for the countless people that are unable to ask for support for whatever reason.

During my presidency at the Mental Health Awareness Club, I promised I would do everything I could to ensure its sustainability and wanted to create a lasting impact. In collaboration with the Mood Disorders Society of Canada, the UBC Mental Health Awareness Club will be hosting UBC’s first Defeat Depression Run. The event is open to anyone and everyone, so if you’d like to participate, click here to sign up today!

On March 29th, 2015, I will be participating in the run. Though I will not be able to physically complete the run with everyone else since I am one of the organizers, I’m still asking for your support as I try to pull off this event with the help of my phenomenal team. Click here to get directly to my fundraising page.

Every dollar makes a HUGE difference, and 75% of all proceeds go directly to the Mental Health Awareness Club with the other 25% going to the Mood Disorders Society of Canada.

I can’t believe how far I’ve made it, and I’m hopeful that events like these will continue to spark a much needed conversation about depression and mental health. Together, I have faith that we can defeat depression!

Keep Surviving by Living.


Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s